Thursday, August 28, 2008

Football, Football...and more football



Are you ready for some football?? This will be my life for the next couple of months. Between practices and games it is an everyday thing. Logan and Spencer each had their first games yesterday. Luckily they were both playing in Vernal so I could watch a little of both games.






Logan plays on the Utes Freshman team. He plays starting receiver and defensive back. They played Altamont's JV team and got stomped. Altamont beat them 30 to 0. Ouch!! They were a little sad to get beat their first game of the season. Their next game is next Thursday in Rock Springs, WY. Hopefully they have a better game.







Spencer is on the Vernal Youth Football League. He is on the Raiders Team. He plays defensive and offensive lineman. His team played the Buccaneers yesterday. The Raiders got beat by 2 points. I'm still not sure what the final score was. One of the boys on Spencer's team got his leg broken during the game and had to be taken out in an ambulance, so I think the whole teamed was kind of bummed about that.

Both boys played good games. Both are excited to play more games this season. Dean is president of the Youth Football League this year, so I hear about football more than I want to in a day!! I just wished that I liked football more. Sshhh...don't tell the boys that! :)

2 comments:

Michele and Wyatt said...

Looks like fun. I guess we are doing the football thing this year too. I've always liked football, but I don't know that I want to see my little boy getting tackled.

beckylbd said...

Maybe their next games will be more successful. I'll keep my fingers crossed. I like the new background on your blog!