Sunday, January 4, 2009

Fun with cousins and new friends

We went to Salt Lake the day after New Years. Most of you know that Dean has a younger sister who was adopted. A few years ago her biological sister found her. She is from Texas. Dean's parents and sisters had met the bio sister, but we never had. She was going to be in Salt Lake to visit Kristie, so we decided to go out and meet her and her family. It was kind of funny, she and her husband had a son Logan's age, a son Spencer's age and a daughter Makayla's age. Her children were very nice and all the kids got along very well. It was nice meeting this family. We stayed overnight at Lisa and Wayne's house. Our kids had a great time playing with their cousins there. Of course we had to watch the Utah/Alabama Sugar Bowl game on Friday night. Wayne is a big Ute fan! (Go Utes--they won!).

On Saturday, the girls decided they all wanted to go get their nails done. Well, except me. I opted to go get my back cracked by my chiropractor father-in-law instead. (Excellent choice for me). Caitlin had no interest at all in getting her nails painted (no surprise there), so she took the camera along and took pictures of the nail salon outing.


Makayla getting her fingernails painted.

Aunt Lisa getting her nails pretty.




Aunt Kristie getting new nails!


Sisters -- Kristie and Jamie. Can you see any resemblance?




Twins Baylie and Aubrie with their new friend Alie in the middle.




Caitlin and her cousin Baylie.


Makayla's french manicure with green??? Very interesting.

2 comments:

Roberts said...

I don't blame you for not getting your nails done. I've never wanted to, but my nails show it. I remember in high school I had great nails. I guess I didn't work much back then. Hope your back is okay.

Michele and Wyatt said...

It's always fun to get out of town and visit family.