Friday, January 16, 2009

A Quiet Friday Night

It seems like life has been so busy and hectic lately that it was nice to have a peaceful quiet night for a change. Makayla got to go to a friend's house for a sleepover. Today was "early-out" day where she gets home from school about 1:00 p.m. Her friend wanted her to come over early...so she left about 2:00 p.m. and I haven't seen her since. You are probably thinking what a harsh mom I am, but honestly this little girl has been sticking to me like glue lately. I don't know what her deal is, but she is like my little shadow from the time she gets home from school until he goes to bed. I love her, but it can kind of get on your nerves, especially when the older kids need me to. So, this has been a much needed break from her constantly by my side. Any insights as to why she is like this when she hasn't been before?

Logan went to a friend's house for a "late night". I tend to think those are better than sleep-overs. I have never been big on sleep-overs. I think they were planning on playing alot of the Wii.

Caitlin went to a movie with a friend. That was a good thing. She doesn't seem to go as much as her big brothers so it is nice when the opportunity arises.

That left only Spencer home tonight. I like it when there is only one of the kids home. It is just a different atmosphere. We took him to Winger's for dinner. Then to Blockbuster to rent some movies and a Wii game. So far only the game has gotten played by Spencer and Dad. No movies have been watched. I guess that is for tomorrow night. So now I am going to enjoy my quiet, relaxing night and go finish reading my book.

Good night!

4 comments:

Elder Nicholas Sinks said...

Thanks for letting Logan come over. I think they had a great time. I know they had fun with the ping-pong guns:):) We will have to do it again.

Kandice said...

Everyone deserves a little change in routine. It is so refreshing some times! I'm glad you had fun!

beckylbd said...

Reading anything good? I like book recommendations because it is too hard to pick out reading material all by myself. I wish I had all of the answers about Makayla. Why don't kids come with an owner's manual??

Michele and Wyatt said...

I need one of those quiet nights. My kids are too little, and they don't go anywhere. This weekend I actually had two extra, so I am especially ready for a quiet night. Someday!