Monday, December 22, 2008

For my sisters

You have probably already read posts on this blog about my two sisters who have both battled breast cancer this year. They are both amazing women and I am in awe of them as I have seen what they have gone through this past year. Between the two of them they have gone through surgeries, chemo, radiation, and then just last week more reconstructive surgery for Susan.

On the ship one morning, they had a "Susan G. Komen -- On Deck for a Cure". Of course we had to do it! Becky and I and our daughters signed up. The girls were excited to do it. It was windy that morning and a little chilly. We walked around the track at the top of the ship. We did eleven laps which made a mile. Quite a few people showed up to do it. I was impressed.













My mom and dad came up to give us some moral support. Caitlin was a little power walker. She passed us up twice I think so she actually did two extra laps.




So this is for you...Susan and Carol.....our cancer survivors!!

1 comment:

Carol Ann said...

You guys are the BEST! I love you all! And, new rule-- NO MORE CANCER IN THE FAMILY! ;)