Sunday, November 30, 2008

A special day

Yesterday was Makayla's eighth birthday, and she got to be baptized on her birthday. It was a great day. Since she was the only one getting baptized, we could plan the program. Makayla was quite involved in the planning and who she wanted to speak. She asked her Logan to give the baptism talk. He surprised me by saying that he would do it. He did a great job. She asked Spencer to give the talk on the Holy Ghost. He was more than happy to do it. (This kid loves to give talks.....where did he get that?) He did a good job too. Her dad baptized and confirmed her. Makayla, Caitlin and some of their cousins sang the closing song, "Families Can Be Together Forever". It was so sweet.

We had lots of family come. It was a good day. Afterwards, we all went to Becky's house for lunch and birthday cake. Thanks Becky and Kelly! It was nice. Her Aunt Susan gave her the cutest baptism towel. It was embroidered in purple with her name and CTR with little "rhinestone sparkles" on it.

It is hard to believe that she is my last one to be baptized. Makayla said it was the best day of her whole life!






















6 comments:

Kandice said...

Aww congrats Makayla!!! Hallie loved your dress and pictures. She is so happy you are baptized just like her. She says, "what was it like for you? Did you have fun? was the water warm?"

Michelle said...

She looks beautiful. What a special day for her. So whats your secret in Logan and Spencer talking. My kids will never talk!!!!

Michele and Wyatt said...

Congratulations Makayla! I just love baptisms. There is always the best spirit there. I can't believe how fast your kids have grown. And I can't believe that Spencer likes to give talks. I remember the shy little boy who you could hardly get to say a word in primary.

Roberts said...

Okay I need you to give me lessons, how is it that you didn't have to do anything? Your my hero. She is a cutie. Your baby just turned 8 and mine will be 18 in a few months. Sometimes I miss when my children where little. Leisa

Elder Nicholas Sinks said...

Congrats, Makayla!! You look so beautiful. What a special day. What a great big brother Logan is to give a talk.

beckylbd said...

What an absolute angel!