Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Spencer's First Deer!

Dean took the boys out this past weekend for the deer hunt. This was the boys' first hunt where they actually carried a gun and had a license. They were pretty excited. They went up Friday afternoon to scout the deer, and spent the night there. The next morning they were up and at it early. Spencer got a chance to shoot at a little two-point. He thought he had missed it. Logan was not where he could see the deer, and there was another two point that Dean shot at. If Logan had been close by, Dean would have let him be the one to take a shot. He shot it and after it went down, they went over to it and discovered that the deer Spencer had shot at was down too.







Logan was a little disappointed that he didn't get one, but he was excited for Spencer. Caitlin says that next year she wants to get a license and go too. (No surprise there!). She has already taken Hunter's Safety, so she will be good to go.

I let Logan take the day off school Monday to go out again with Dean, but they didn't even see ANY deer at all. I guess that is the way with hunting. Sometimes you get one, sometimes you don't!

5 comments:

Elder Nicholas Sinks said...

Good job Spencer!! That will be something he will always remember. Logan will get one too at some point, and I'm sure Spencer will be just as happy for him. We are not hunters, and I'm glad about that.:)

beckylbd said...

Congratulations to Spencer and Dean for bagging their bucks!

Kandice said...

good job spencer!!!! Is it so bad of me that I secretly hope and pray that my kids never want to go hunting???

Leisa said...

kandice -- I hope and pray that every year....and I have hunters! Just as long as I don't have to go!!

Roberts said...

Taylor also got a buck. I was hoping we would be spared that this year. But they do get excited, I just don't want to help with cutting up the meat. Leisa