Sunday, September 14, 2008

My Trip To Colorado

I got to have a little "get-away" for a few days. Sometimes it is just nice to leave your family and have some time away from them. It is good for Moms to miss the kids, and the kids to miss the moms. And...dads need a turn at being the mom once in a while too.

I went to my sister's house in Colorado, near Boulder. I rode over with my Dad and Mom. It was really nice to spend time with my parents without my kids around. A six hour trip in the car seemed so much shorter with out four kids along.

Carol's husband Cris was on (and still is) a two week trip on his motorcycle. Carol and Cris are officially "empty-nesters" now. We just couldn't let Carol spend two weeks all alone in her big house now could we? It was so nice to spend time at her house and relax. We really did a whole lot of nothing and it was wonderful. There was a day or two (okay, everyday) that I did not even get showered and ready for the day until noon.

Carol was into her second of week of daily radiation. Her hair is really growing! I was surprised at how much it had grown since I saw her just two weeks ago in Utah. She is doing really well with radiation, but it makes her a little tired. So, of course, every day we all took a nap. We shopped a little, watched some old movies and a whole lot of just visiting.

It was a very relaxing non stressful couple of days. Thanks Mom and Dad for taking me along, and thanks Carol for a wonderful time at your house!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh you are so right. Its good to get away so moms miss the kids and kids miss the moms and for dads to be the mom. I totally understand about not showering until noon. It seems to happen to me every day. I thought that your sister was done with radiation?? I'm glad you had fun!!!

Kandice said...

What a fun and much needed and well deserved break you got. I bet your sister really enjoyed the company! I'm glad you had fun.

beckylbd said...

Wish I could have crashed the party!

Michele and Wyatt said...

I love those kind of vacations. Were you actually relax and just enjoy the company you are with. I also think mom's need vacation time. Mostly for the dad's to have a turn in the mom role, everyone learns to appreciate mom more. I'm glad you had a great time.