Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Makayla's Vegetable Creation

Makayla's school had a "Make A Vegetable Creation Day" at school today. She didn't even show me the note she brought home about it until yesterday. So, after a football game, homework and dinner, Makayla and her Dad got to work. It is kind of sad that her dad could help her better on this project than I could. I am not creative at all!!

It started out to be a snake, but ended up being a dinosaur. Not sure how that course of events took place. This morning she informed me that the dinosaur's name was Bryson Brontosaurs. ( I am assuming it was named after her buddy-cousin Bryson.....and not exactly sure if it looks like a brontosaurus but hey..it is not my creation). Makayla told me this dinosaur is a plant-eater. You can tell because he has parsley coming out of his mouth. Okay then.

They used a zucchini, yellow squash, jalapenos, parsley, white beans (for eyes), and peppercorns (for nostrils), and a whole lot of tooth picks. Last night he was standing up. This morning he was kind of bending down. We decided to leave it that way.

I had to drive her to school today to make sure it got there in one piece. (I had my doubts about her riding the bus with it). She was pretty excited to take it to school. There sure were a lot of cute little vegetable creations there. Talk about creative kids and parents. As long as Makayla liked her vegetable creation that is all that matters to me!




4 comments:

Kandice said...

aww it is very very cute!! She is so sweet and fun!

beckylbd said...

The dinosaur is darling! Very creative. Love the name...

Roberts said...

Leisa, I can't believe you have your husband thinking your not creative. It reminds me of a tv show "Everybody loves Raymond" where he finally admits that he told Debra that he couldn't fold laundry so she always did it. So I'm thinking your pretty smart having Dean do those things. Leisa

Raymey, Kelly, and Madeline said...

Please come visit me and show me how to do such a cute blog, or just come visit me:) That is the coolest creation. I feel like turning the zuccini, carrots, edamame, and peas in my fridge into something amazing! Why do kids have to have all the fun?