Wednesday, July 9, 2008

GOOD NEWS!

Today I have some good news. My sister Susan called and said that the lymph node that was removed when she had her mastectomy had no signs that the cancer had spread. This means that she will NOT have to go through chemotherapy or radiation. Whoo Hoo! I am so relieved that she will not have to do that. Now she can have a quick recovery and get on with life. She returns home tomorrow. I think her kids are ready for her to be home again.

Today my other sister, Carol had her LAST round of chemo. She has had to endure six rounds every three weeks. It has been so tough on her. It has really made her sick. I have just hated that she has had to go through that. Now she can work on growing her hair back. Some women might look funny bald, but Carol can really pull it off. I can say she truly looks beautiful with no hair. I loved that she was not shy about pulling off her wig when I went to see her in June. She will have to do a few months of radiation, but wants to delay that until she gets her daughters off to college in August.

I think that I really hate the word cancer. Watching my two sisters battle with it, and my dad's cancer surgery this past spring, I am thinking that it should be quite enough cancer in our family. Got that everybody? No more! :)

3 comments:

Janice {Run Far} said...

Leisa... this post was so sweet and wonderful about all the good news for your family.. However, I am in tears... I have 6 sisters, and to think of seeing any of them gowing through the "C" word is just devastating to me. Congrats to your sister's.

beckylbd said...

I agree!! No more cancer for our family. Enough is enough. I saw a T-shirt at this year's Relay For Life cancer fundraiser that put it eloquently: "Cancer Sucks!" I am so relieved that Susan's cancer had not spread and Carol's chemo is finished!

Carol Ann said...

We are so blessed, aren't we, that everybody is doing so well with this! I am SO HAPPY for Susan-- that she won't have to go through chemo! And I am happy that I'm FINISHED with it! I'm ready to celebrate! I have the BEST family, and I LOVE you ALL!