Thursday, May 22, 2008

Caitlin's First.....


Caitlin has the distinction of being the first Cook child to have a broken bone. (It is a whole other story about Dean and all of his broken bones....we could write a book)! I don't think she is feeling honored by having this title.

This morning she left for school with her guitar to play in a 5th grade talent show. She called me at 8:20 to tell me they had changed the time of the talent show to 9:00 a.m. At 8:50 she called again, only this time crying, saying her arm hurt. Caitlin is a pretty tough little girl. For her to be crying (and at school no less), I knew she really must be hurt. Dean went to the school to pick her up. They came home and Dean said he really thought she needed to be x-rayed. I agreed. So down to Ashley Regional Medical Center we went. After six x-rays it was determined she had a buckle fracture (whatever that is) on her left arm just above the wrist. The Dr. chose not to cast it, but put it in a splint. I was glad for that, it makes showering so much easier!!

She has been so good with it all day, and has hardly complained about it. Tomorrow is the last day of school, and she is determined not to miss it. I hope it feels good enough for her to go.


5 comments:

Michelle said...

Well I have yet to say my children have broken any bones yet. I shouln't say anything because I probably will jinks myself. How did she break it? I can't believe how your boys have grown. Does the band there fo field shows?

Janice {Run Far} said...

You never said how she did it. Did she fall or what? Poor little girl, no one wants to start off their summer break with a broken arm

Michele and Wyatt said...

Poor Caitlin. I hope she gets feeling better soon. She doesn't want a broken arm for summer.

beckylbd said...

Caitlin-
You're the coolest! I can't say that I have ever broken my arm. I hope it is feeling better now that it has had a couple of weeks to heal.

Raymey, Kelly, and Madeline said...

Poor Caitlin! How's it feeling now??