Thursday, May 22, 2008

Grandpa Pete's Birthday

Last Sunday, my family got together to celebrate my dad's 76th birthday. It was fun. Susan and her family were there (except Brittany, who had to work), David, Natalie and Sydney, The Dastrups, our family and Maren and Jesslyn (my nieces from Colorado). It was fun to see Maren who just came home from her mission in Guatemala a few weeks ago.
My dad's birthday was actually May 21. He shares that birthday with his only great-grandchild Madeline who turned one. I wish they could have celebrated their birthday's together, but she lives in Cincinnati. Susan got Dad a Wii for his birthday. I think he was a bit surprised and not sure what to do with it, but I think he is going to like it. He didn't do too bad a tennis. :)
I am glad my dad is doing better. He had a cancer tumor removed just a few weeks ago. We are fortunate and blessed that they were able to get it all through surgery and her won't have to do radiation. (What is it with cancer and my family the last few months?? I think three are really enough!!!). Carol has had three rounds of chemo and has three more to go. Susan is scheduled for her surgery in June.
Tomorrow Becky and I are going to drive to Colorado with my Dad and Mom for Jesslyn's graduation. It will be fun to just take a trip with them. Dean gets to herd all 7 kids for the weekend. (He offered....I didn't ask). But actually I think they will all have fun.



1 comment:

Raymey, Kelly, and Madeline said...

I'm totally late in seeing your blog (because of our lack of internet) but I'm glad you have one! It was so fun to see you in Colorado!!!