Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Oquirrh Mountain Temple


Last weekend we went to the Oquirrh Mountain Temple open house in South Jordan. Spencer, Caitlin, Makayla and I went. Logan was helping staff the Timberline Camp for scouting and Dean was working. So, the three kids and I went to Duchesne on Thursday night and stayed overnight at Grandpa and Grandmas. Friday morning we got up early and rode out to Salt Lake with my parents. They had some things to do, so the kids and I went to visit their Grandpa and Grandma Cook and Aunt Kristie for a bit. (and even Preston for a few minutes). I forgot to bring my camera, but Caitlin brought hers. All the pictures here were taken by Caitlin!

Preston


Kristie

After that we went to David and Natalie's house for a BB-Q. The Dastrups and Aunt Susan met us there. They live right next to a park, so it was nice the kids could play there too. After that we got ready and went to the Open House. David and Natalie live just minutes from the Temple. It was beautiful. I love that the kids can get a chance to go through the Temple and get to see what it is like inside before it is dedicated. My twelve year old niece Stacia was so cute because she was in awe of everything.

We spent the night at David and Natalie's that night. They were so nice of them to have us all there. THANK YOU!! It is so nice to be able to just visit with family.....we don't do it nearly enough.

Here are some more pictures from the weekend:

David, Mom and Dad

Sydney, Caitlin, Makayla and Stacia


Caitlin




Spencer and Ike....everybody loves Ike!!




Makayla






Oquirrh Temple


David and Natalie

Spencer, Braden, Stacia, Caitlin, Sydney and Makayla




Braden, Caitlin, Stacia, Spencer, Bryson, Sydney, Makayla

4 comments:

Kandice said...

It looks so pretty. I wish we could head out there sometime this summer!
Thanks again for having hallie. She has so much fun! We will call Makayla over soon!

Elder Nicholas Sinks said...

We plan to do this too. I loved the Draper Open House. We are so blessed to beable to do this, and live so close to so many temples.
I'm glad you all had fun.

Roberts said...

I haven't even thought of getting tickets but since we are so close by I better. You do alot of fun things with your kids I hope they appreciate you.

Carol Ann said...

What a wonderful day! Wish we could have been there with you. You have such a beautiful family. And I LOVE Caitlin's hair! Can't wait to see you!